Wednesday, March 7, 2012

On Being a …


I am not really sure what to put in next …

Every beginning of every day is an opportunity to do well by someone else or, to the contrary, not so well. Then, on the other hand, some days one does not do at all.

During this last stretch of I don’t really know how many days, my head has been the pedestal upon which several hats have perched. On the one hand, the teacher of English to several regular groups of students; a teacher/business counselor to another small group, a private set of students… on the other hand, a father figure to the owner of the academy where I teach, for we spend together several hours a day and she is really trying to make a go of the business; then, there is that third hand... being a friend/advisor to my overseas business associate, whose faith and perseverance are severely tried every time (of course, the fact mine are as well doesn’t seem to count…) that carefully woven transactions seem to unravel before our very eyes… we have to keep on trying.

Then, on the fourth hand... or... foot, maybe?...there was the patient (in a medical sense) who spent two days on a water and cleanser diet in order to have a test performed. 7 pounds lost in 48 hours!!! Maybe I should try out for one of those reality shows where people go on and fight off excess weight… I was so thoroughly cleansed that I may not have to go to confession anytime in the next 10 years… no matter what I do.

The long and the short of it is that every day that comes ‘round, brings a new set of possibilities and probabilities with it; life is a perennial school in which we eventually graduate as Suma Cum Laude with a major in “Rolling with the Punches”, and a minor in “Putting on a good Face”.  

Actually, it is fun to go through every day The Good Lord gives us. I get to think about what it is that can be done next and to still dream and plan for the future, even as the present marches on its sometimes murky ways. Between corrections of time vs. “tyn” and explanations about what a preposition is and how it should be used, and listening to a good group of people grapple with the nuances of the pronunciation of our English language, these days go by fairly fast.

But then, there is so precious little time left to sit and write… I am disconsolate… days go by and the poor computer sends me little messages of forlorn solitude, left like a little used piece of equipment which sits there and longs for the days when pages and pages of stuff came unto its little screen… I walk by, look at it and send a mental message of faith and patience… “Don’t worry, little feller… I promise I will be back and sit in front of you and stare at the empty screen while my mind tries to focus on whatever it is that may come next… just like ol' times!!! I promise!!! I am not sure it listens, but I feel better about the whole thing after such a promise. It seems to look a little perkier, as if saying… “yeah… you say that all the time, but… just this time…. I will believe again” And life goes on.

There are wondrous things in the making; a group of colleagues and I are pushing very hard to bring them about. I look forward to the moment it becomes, for I know the result will bring a better life to many people; people who at this time are not even aware that a better future might just be dependent on our being able to accomplish our goal. How’s that for reinforcement of that old saying that goes  something like “Somewhere there is someone discussing my life and I was not invited”… how often is this a true statement! Many more times any one of us is willing to accept, I’m sure.

Well, back to pushing. Today’s entry falls under the “I-just-wanted-to-stop-by-and-say-hello-and-let-you-know-I-had-not-forgotten-you” category. No morals to this story, no deep meanings, no major memories… just another day and another paragraph.

See you soon, I promise!!

Be Well … Be Back!!!

Final Notes:
  • Pray for those who are fighting an illness which may take them away from their loved ones… Every request is heard, and counts!!
  • Follow us on Twitter … @RJAsPandora
  • Any comments please send to otherboxp@yahoo.com
  • Remember:  We are “On Air” every Sunday night at 6:30pm EST (GT –5hrs).  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theotherbox If the link does not work, please just copy and paste to your address bar.
  • “La Otra Caja de Pandora”… The Spanish language Blog… “otracaja.blogspot.com”Bienvenidos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IS “HATRED” VALID?

According to the Oxford Dictionary, hate (verb) / hatred (noun) mean: 1.       To feel ( to hate ) intense or passionate dislike ( hatred ...