Every year, when we come to its end, the review is almost a requirement.
So this year is no different. What happened in 2013; what should’ve perhaps happened… what shouldn't have… Sort of ... “what happens in 2013… stays in 2013…” Not.
Let’s start by saying that all that did or did not happen… wasn’t by “happenstance”… It was caused by each and every one of us, by our action or inaction at a specific point in time. Whether individually or collectively.
In this, our country, it is the general buzz that there are 3 primary topics of discussion/division:
- The Great Political Divide… Those who support the current President and his policies and those who do not. This particular issue is an ever growing battleground; some trying to expand what is a political efficiency discussion into a race based argument; not justified under any circumstance.
- Health and economics… Perhaps good bedfellows, perhaps not. Yet, these two seem to go together. The economy is suffering from a cosmetic revival while the national debt keeps growing by leaps and bounds… The health issues and the attending Obamacare program have made promises that yours truly, after 37 years in the insurance industry, finds very difficult to bring to reality without a major overhaul of the insurance platforms in this country. This does not happen by mandate or overnight. It will take tons of money, time and political determination, not to mention balls. Do we need this overhaul? perhaps we do, but I don’t think this is the manner in which it will be brought about satisfactorily.
- A widening rift between some of the religious beliefs which are more commonly practiced in our society. In a country where religious freedom, acceptance and tolerance was (yes, was…) the byword, we now find that there is an almost deliberate attempt to undermine this concept. Judeo Christian beliefs are under attack when professed openly, while practicing folks and leaders of other religious beliefs feel free and empowered to openly attack anyone who does not agree with them. Without anyone having the courage to denounce these uncalled for behaviors. This is not heading in a good direction.
Closer to home, the usual ailments which come along when the minutes, days and years and with them life, insist in continuing their ever onward march without stopping for a spell, a moment of rest or even contemplation. Most folks continue to fight on but some have left us along the way, perhaps going to a well deserved rest… In the end, nothing to complaint about and nothing that cannot be remedied… except, of course, for those who moved on…
Elsewhere in the world, there are the usual fledgling countries, the countries where there is a perennial internal war, the countries that try to fix the world around them but can’t fix their own issues and those countries which, try as they may to change the course of life-as-usual, continue to take stabs at each other, either openly or surreptitiously… or both.
In other words… life goes on as usual…
Happy New Year!! Happy 2014 and many more after this one!!!
Be Well … Be Back!!!
- Pray for those who are fighting an illness which may take them away from their loved ones… Every request is heard, and counts!!
- Follow us on Twitter … @RJAsPandora
- Any comments please send to email@example.com