Monday, July 18, 2011

Entry "100"; Let's Celebrate!!


Yesterday’s entry about my friend Marc, gave a glimpse of some of the issues I dealt with for some years and there has been reaction, mostly curious reaction as to what went on. There will be more entries as time goes on but today, we reach posting number 100. It sort of crept up on us… Thanks for being there and thanks for giving me your comments and feedback. I hope we still have a long way to travel together.

Yesterday, a few comments came in to the blog “central”, including a comment from a reader in India. It is quite fascinating and gratifying, since this is one part of the world from where readership was truly not expected. While the bulk of readers are in the US, including Alaska and Hawaii, there have also been readers from The UK, Germany, France(a good number of “hits”), Japan, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Canada, Malta and, of all surprises, China. While several of these are probably one or two time hits, there are a good number of repeats; this is truly surprising and I am grateful to those who take the time to read this blog, and then come back for more. It is even more humbling when one of you takes the time to post a comment and get it to me. Your comments are welcome; I would really like to hear from you.

This “column” is a departure from the regular make up of the blog, but this particular entry marks some sort of minor landmark: it is #100.  What started about 2 years ago as a recounting of the early days of one of thousands of Cuban children as he and his sister left their homeland, followed by the early years of life adjustments into their new country and society has become sort of a, as the name “Pandora’s Other Box” implies, collection of irregular thoughts which cover much ground, some relevant and others… well, irrelevant.  Normally, I tend to be a fairly “closed” individual yet, when my fingers are pushing these little keys, they almost take a life of their own and words come out; often bringing to light issues and thoughts that normally would be kept in the background. As a result, I think, some interesting discussions have been put on paper (well, on virtual paper… OK?) along the way.

In viewing the overall contact history, there is no specific content which lures more readers, although there is one post in particular which did attract more “reads”: the post on “Noetic Sciences”. Most other contacts are evenly distributed which seems to tell me that those of you who come back, do so because you like the overall style and content. Also, you are as crazy as I may be, since these entries do jump around quite a bit.  Hmmm!! No matter, we’ll wade through them all!!

Last entry dealt, very much as a light glancing blow, with some “adventures” that were lived over the last 9-10 years; and one of those people who came into my life as a result. One of the few who, on being thrown into the ring, became a trusted and dear friend.

More than a reading friend has called me to ask about what was behind this entry written yesterday. Even though they are good friends, we were not in contact during those years and, all they know is that I was “away” (no, not the insane asylum, although those in favor of this possibility would have plenty of ammunition!) These were indeed years that saw some amazing and crazy turns of events and which, at some point in the future, should become not only blog “fodder” but quite possibly a book entry. There are enough characters, issues, happenings, and just plain “adventures” (can’t really call them anything else) which took me from South America to several European countries and eventually back to the States, over the course of 6-7 years. As this is still not a completed road, there is not much more I can put on these blogs… for now!!.  I promise every once in a while there will be more… as “postcards of a day past”.

Well… if J.K. Rowlings can tease all of us into flocking to see the Harry Potter movies and into buying the books… I can too try to do this, or not?

OK, Ok… I shall keep my place… I think…

From me to you:HAPPY 100 and thanks for being there. I hope you will stay and continue to travel these uneven roads with me…

Be Well, Be Back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IS “HATRED” VALID?

According to the Oxford Dictionary, hate (verb) / hatred (noun) mean: 1.       To feel ( to hate ) intense or passionate dislike ( hatred ...