Friday, January 27, 2012

From Time To Time…


This has been an iffy week in which to write. The time seems to evaporate right before my eyes and then, tiredness sets in…

The days go by and the moments in which the time is available to sit and write, other priorities come up and the computer slips away from my sight, with the promise made, looking over my shoulder as I walk away that… “Tomorrow I’ll get to you… for sure!”

But, tomorrow comes and it becomes another yesterday, full of little holes and little chunks of time which are taken up by the daily chores and problems; then, there are those problems which come from nowhere and go… nowhere!  They just stay and lay siege to the mind and body.  On the other hand, these create time for reflection and for making some internal, visceral decisions as to time, place and space…

Why?  When?  Where?... How? Questions that come and go, filling in the quiet moments with a virtual cacophony which, if allowed, will bury all that surrounds in silence.

An old friend that had not been around for a few years has come by to visit. No, it is not a he or a she… rather, it is an “it”. One of the vestiges of several years of smoke filled air and laboring lungs. It seems that it relishes to take a hold of my breathing system every few years, occupying my lungs for a couple of days, just to remind me of how at one time I ravaged my own body… my breath becomes short and a little labored, not unlike those times when a beautiful sight makes one gasp for air… except there is no beautiful sight… in sight. It is a bout of bronchitis… the added problem is that it usually irritates my throat to the point where my voice goes into a sultry, sexy whisper… but there is no accompanying feeling of sexiness, just a headache.

It is said that there is no worse fanatic than one who has been converted… If my negative feelings towards tobacco smoking are an indication, then this is most certainly true. To me, there is no worse sight than someone who is voluntarily filling his/her chest cavity with smoke from the so called “cancer stick”, or any variant thereof. 

The image which at some time in the past was sold in movies and ads (I am sure with a strong degree of backing from the tobacco companies) in which the hero and the heroine were exchanging smoke filled breaths as their growing romance came to a breathless (pun intended!) kissing climax, is long gone. Today, if someone comes at me with that same smoke filled breath that years ago might have been considered “sexy”, I would most likely turn my head and start coughing.

Well, it seems the thinking process is also somewhat clouded by this growing chest infection, so this will be a short entry today. Take care of yourself and of your body… until cryonic sciences take a giant leap forward, it is the only one you will have!!

Be Well … Be Back!!!

Final Notes:
  • Pray for those who are fighting an illness which may take them away from their loved ones… Every request is heard, and counts!!
  • Follow us on Twitter … @RJAsPandora
  • Any comments please send to otherboxp@yahoo.com
  • Remember:  We are “On Air” every Sunday night at 6:30pm EST (GT –5hrs).  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theotherbox If the link does not work, please just copy and paste to your address bar.
  • “La Otra Caja de Pandora”… The Spanish language Blog… “otracaja.blogspot.com”Bienvenidos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IS “HATRED” VALID?

According to the Oxford Dictionary, hate (verb) / hatred (noun) mean: 1.       To feel ( to hate ) intense or passionate dislike ( hatred ...